This month, APD leadership, staff, partners, and customers are celebrating achievements made by people with disabilities and promoting a more inclusive society. Employment, education, and community living are the main themes of this year’s Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month. Join the conversation on social media with the hashtag #DDAwareness19.
Do your part to celebrate Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month! Read up on the issues and get to know the resources available to you:
- Read Director Barbara Palmer’s column in this issue of The Champion newsletter.
- Check out APD customers’ employment success stories.
- Learn about APD’s employment initiatives.
- Explore our directory of diverse community resources.
- Search for programs offered by Florida state agencies.
- Learn about APD’s supported living services.